Retreat Weekend with Zen Master Chong An Sunim
- Friday, September 13, 7:00 pm – Dharma Talk
Topic: Zen — The Mind of Emptiness and Abundance. After the Dharma Talk, Sunim will answer questions.
- Saturday, September 14, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm – Silent Retreat
Following some basic instruction on meditation, chanting will begin the Silent Retreat, with sessions of sitting meditation, walking meditation, and optional Kongan interviews. Please bring a brown bag lunch. Water and snacks will be provided. We will serve tea and end the day with a Dharma Talk. (Half day is optional)
- Sunday, September 15, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm – Silent Retreat
Chanting, sessions of sitting and walking meditation, optional Kongan interviews and ending the retreat with a Circle Talk.
- After the retreat, on Sunday at noon, please join us for a potluck lunch.
Food items should be vegan or vegetarian. Tea and water will be available. Let us know that you will be joining us. Also, please label what it is in your dish. Thank you.
Made possible through the generosity of community members like you!
You may donate to Chong An Sunim’s travel expenses here.
Friday - Dharma Talk
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Dharma Talk
- Topic: ‘Zen — the mind of emptiness and abundance‘. Afterward, Sunim will answer your questions.
Saturday - Silent Retreat
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- All Day Retreat
- Some instructions on meditation, then chanting begins the silent Retreat, with sessions of sitting meditation, walking meditation, and optional Kong-an interviews. (Bring a brown bag lunch, tea, and drinks will be served.) We will end the day with a Dharma talk.
Sunday - Silent Retreat
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Half Day Retreat
- Chanting, sessions of sitting and walking meditation ending with a circle talk.