Oct 10, 2018 – Recommended articles to read beforehand:
- Five things to know about the Diamond Sutra – Worlds Oldest Dated Printed Book
- An overview of the Diamond Sutra
Wednesday Evening Dharma Study
7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
4690 Fruitville Rd, Sarasota, FL 34232
- The doors open at 6:30 pm and the practice session begins promptly at 7:00 pm with the chanting of the Heart Sutra. We then sit in zazen for twenty-five minutes. We serve tea and study the teachings of the great Zen teachers using various references and commentaries. We finish up by 8:30 pm.
- No experience is necessary and all are welcome. A donation is not required to participate, however, a voluntary donation (suggested $5.00+) will help defray our costs.
- Wear comfortable loose-fitting clothing. We have some cushions (zafus) and chairs, however, if you have your own zafu, we encourage you to bring your own. We recommend you arrive at least 15 minutes early if you need meditation instruction.
- See the calendar on the website for any cancellations or changes to the schedule.
- RSVP is recommended: email@example.com or TXT: 941 228 4511.
Spread the love